District Title I School Improvement Plan
1. High quality classroom instruction
2. Standards Aligned Reading Units K-8
3. Everyday Math & Connected Math
4. Institute of Excellence in Writing
5. Wilson Fundations
6. Balanced Literacy Framework
7. Staff development in best practices
1. Small group instruction (4-6 students)
2. 30 consecutive minutes in length
3. 5 days a week (every school day)
4. Focus on no more than 2 skills
5. Scientifically Research-Based Intervention Program. Refer to the Intervention Grid for intervention options.
6. Could be push-in or pull-out (push-in during Guided Reading must be supplement and supplant normal teacher-led small groups).
7. Progress monitored every 2 weeks
8. 8-12 weeks in duration
9. Must meet next benchmark or have 3 progress monitoring scores above aim line to be dismissed.
1. Individualized instruction (1-3 students)
2. 45-60 minutes in length (could be split 30/15)
4. Focus on one skill
5. Outside of the classroom
6. Progress monitored at least every 2 weeks
7. 12 weeks in duration. May be repeated.
a. The district will continue to provide a strong Tier I system of instruction for all students.
b. All students are benchmarked 3 times a year:
i. K-3 DIBELS
ii. K-8 MAPS
c. All at risk students will be assigned to Tier II interventions by the principal with consultation of the RTi coordinator, reading team, and classroom teacher (data day).
i. Tier II interventions will be progress monitored every 2-3 weeks. If progress is being made, the reading teacher, classroom
teacher, and principal can assign a different Tier II intervention.
ii. At the end of one round of Tier II interventions (8-12 weeks), the principal, RTi coordinator, reading team, and classroom
1. Re-assign the student to Tier II for a second round.
2. Release the student from Tier II based on PM or the benchmark scores.
3. Request an ESSIST form from Michelle Brosseau via email and schedule an ESSIST meeting if there is concern a Tier III is needed.
4. All initial meeting notes and ensuing meeting notes will be recorded on this Google ESSIST form.
d. ESSIST team will meet and may recommend:
i. More Tier II interventions if progress is being made
ii. Tier III interventions
e. During the ESSIST meeting, the principal can schedule a future meeting (4-8 weeks) to check in with the teacher and Team as to what progress is being made.
i. If in Tier III:
1. Student may move back to Tier II
2. Student may continue in Tier III
3. Assign a different Tier III
4. Student is not responding in Tier III, student may be evaluated for a specific learning disability, (0r RTI data could be used
to qualify? )